At the Con – E3 2010: Nintendo Keynote Liveblog
Reggie Fils-Aime, President & COO of Nintendo of America
“Technology is only a tool . . .”
“The best experiences always comes when technology and game design are perfectly matched.”
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – exclusively made for Wii using Wii remote & Wii Motion Plus. Wii remote is the sword and the Nunchuck is the shield. New items include bombs, a beatle you can use to retrieve items and a whip that will also allow players to have fun with enemies and interact within the environment. To be released 2011.
“Our goal is to provide new experiences for everyone.”
Madden NFL 11, Pro Evelution Soccer 2011 & MLB 2K10, NBA Jam (exclusive to Wii), Mario Sports Mix – to be released 2011.
- Wii Party – 13 party game modes, including board game island, balance boat. 70 different mini games. Holiday 2010.
- Just Dance 2 – 40+ tracks, dance duets, just sweat mode, crew face-offs. Up to 8 players. Fall 2010. exclusively on Wii
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn – Holiday 2010. Nintendo DS.
- Goldeneye 007– FPS. November 2010. Excessively for Wii. Split screen & online Multiplayer. 8 classic. Bond characters. 16 game modes including, Paintball, Melee only, you only live twice. Goldeneyegame.com
- Disney Epic Mickey – Exclusively for Wii. Warren Spector (General Mgr & Creative Director, Junction Point & Adam Creighton (Producer, Disney Epic Mickey). Holiday 2010. including forgotten disney characters & locations and theme parks. Mickey uses paint and paint thinner to change or delete characters and locations, so each players experience is different. Travel Zones are side-scrolling platform games with the look and feel of the classic b&w cartoons. Exclusive interview with Warren at e3.nintendo.com
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn. Side-scrolling platform game. 1st starring role in 7 years. Fall 2010. Just as adorable as ever.
- Dragonquest: Sentinels of the Starry Skies – Nintendo DS. 120 mini quests, 300 monsters, 900+ items to customize your character. Link with 3 friends to quest together. Tag mode will independantly seek out other nearby players to add new characters and maps to your adventure. July 11.
- Metroid: Other M – Wii. 8/31.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns – side-scroll platform. Holiday 2010
Nintendo 3DS. Saturu Iwata. 2 screens, top with 3.5”, bottom with touch screen. 3D without the glasses. Users can adjust the 3D effect with a slider control. Also improvement in graphics. Slide pad for analog control. Motion sensor & gyro sensor. Camera with 2 lenses to take photos you can view in 3D. Also watch 3D movies. Project Sora established to create games specifically for 3DS. Kid Icarus: Uprising. Communicates via wifi or with nearby 3DS regardless of what games are being played, without proactive action from user. No monthly fees. Working on Nintendogs & Cats. Some third party development includes Activision-DJ Hero, Square Enix-Kingdom Hearts,EA Sports-Madden NFL, Capcom-Resident Evil, Ubisoft-Assassin’s Creed, Konami-Metal Gear Solid